Topic: cheap hot tubs under 500.
You arrive home exhausted by a one-hour, traffic-clogged commute. Or, you finally put the kids to bed after a long hectic day.
You’d like nothing better than a long, relaxing soak in your backyard hot tub.
Sounds good, right?
Only problem is, you don’t have one.
What are the options?
You checked on the possibility of having a hot tub put into that secluded little spot on your patio — just outside your master bedroom.
But every hot tub sales place you went to wanted to charge you anywhere between $2,100 and $10,000 for an acrylic above ground spa — and that’s without the added cost of a surrounding enclosure.
And those really nice in-ground spas will set you back between $15,000 and $20,000.
Ouch. Sure, it will increase the value of your home — a little. But you don’t want to take out a second mortgage to make it happen.
What’s the alternative?
Surely, you think, there has to be a portable hot tub that’s affordable. One with soothing, massaging bubbling waters set at a steamy temperature somewhere north of 100 degrees.
You grab your phone and type in the keywords: “cheap hot tubs under 500.”
And, sure enough, a list of hot tub review sites shows up. You pick one at random and tap to open the website.
Here’s what you find:
There are five hot tubs that are both easily inflatable and highly portable. And they range in price from under $350 to just under $500.
Are these deals too good to be true?
You scroll down the list of possibilities and check the features and benefits. Briefly, here’s what you find:
- Some are made of highly durable, cloth-covered vinyl.
- Some have walls that are reinforced with triple-ply fibers.
- One even comes equipped with a built-in light show.
Wow. But how hard are they to set up and — if they really are portable — how hard are they to take down and transport?
Hmm. It would be nice to be able to take one on vacation at the beach this year. It would make your place the ideal spot to party.
Here’s the rundown of 5 Cheap Hot Tubs Under $500
Current price: Under $350
Rating: on 310 customer reviews
- Holds up to 4 adults
- Rapid-heating and water-filtration system.
- Easy to operate digital control panel
- Lay-Z massage system
- Easy setup, no tools needed
Other notes: Sides are composed of a tough, cloth-covered vinyl. And, according to the reviewer, “it provides a quality spa experience at a most affordable price.”
Current price: Under $400
Rating: on 26 customer reviews
- 120 soothing bubble jets
- Digitally controlled pump with soft-touch control panel
- Outer walls are made from fabric coated material
- 2 easy-lift handles to help move the empty spa pool
- 2 easy-to-replace filter cartridges for clean refreshing spa water
Other notes: “It inflates within minutes and the rapid heating system heats the water up to 104 degrees F.” (all inflatable spas take upwards of 20-24 hours to go from 68 degrees to 104 degrees.
Current price: Around $400
Rating: on 641 customer reviews
- Relaxing heated water surrounded by soothing bubble jets
- Outer walls made of fabric coated material
- Pool cover has an aluminum foil coating to keep water extra warm
- Mosaic print pool liner with cushioned floor and convenient drain valve
Other notes: “Rated the most consistently excellent by hundreds of buyers.”
Current price: Around $420
Rating: on 36 customer reviews
- Provides relaxation at the touch of a button for up to four people
- Easy-to-reach control panel activates 120 high-powered bubble jets
- Made with durable Fiber-Tech™ Construction including 48 Fiber-Tech™ beams
Other notes: “A pulse of warm water around the upper rim of the spa provides a refreshing massage.” (In fairness, all the spas do this).
Current price: Just under $400
Rating: on 57 customer reviews
- Portable, inflatable hot tub with cushioned air mat floor and quick drain system
- Integrated water filtration system
- LED light show cycles through 7colors
Other notes: “An affordable, go-anywhere spa. And it has an intriguing light show built into the walls.”
So. It is definitely possible to have that relaxing soak at the end of the day after all, perhaps with your significant other and a chilled glass of wine.
And all for under $500.